Sunday, November 14, 2010
Christmas Hat Project Creation #6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11!
It's been a while.  I've been rather busy with work and life, but I've cranked out 6 caps since the last post.  Here we go!

 Pink Gloomy is modeling this cap, done in Caron Simply Soft Off White, Soft Blue, and Grey Heather (100% acrylic).  I found this pattern nice to work with and I think I'll be doing a few more like this, but with different colors and stripe widths.  The only frustration is that it's in British terms, so I have to watch out to make sure that I'm using the correct stitch.

Black Gloomy is modeling this cap, also done in Caron Simply Soft, but in Soft Blue (stripes) and White.  I wouldn't recommend this yarn for this cap if you want a solid cap.  As you can see, there's holes, so it's not that great for coverage unless you use a smaller hook, but then you won't get the correct gauge for the pattern.  However, I like the way it turned out, so hopefully whoever gets it will, too.


Next, we have Black Gloomy again with Blue Gloomy.  Black Gloomy is now wearing a cap made from this pattern, though you can't see the texture of the brim due to the yarn.  It was a very simple pattern that I recommend for anyone trying to figure crochet out.  The yarn used was Sensations Rainbow Classic in Blue/Taupe (100% acrylic).

Blue Gloomy is wearing a cap that I just crocheted free-style.  It is done in Sensations Rainbow Classic Pattern, Berry/White Stripe (100% Acrylic).  Essentially, I just started with 10 sc in a circle and increased the circle to about 70 before continuing down.  When it looked about the size of the others, I fastened off.  In a self-striping pattern such as this, it works quite well to just free-style.

Finally, here we have Green Gloomy and Pink Gloomy.  Green Gloomy is wearing this pattern, made shorter for a child's fit.  It is done in Caron Simply Soft in Dark Country Blue (100% Acrylic).  I didn't really like this pattern.  It was a nice attempt to resemble a knit pattern, but I had to add a row of single crochet at the bottom to keep it from being super loose.

Pink Gloomy is wearing this (Just like Black Gloomy in the first picture), but in Bernat Satin in Ebony and Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather (100% acrylic).

So, that brings my total so far to 11 (39 to go~).  I'm still trying to decide exactly how I will donate these, so if you have any suggestions, please send them my way.

Labels: ,

posted by miffykurara @ 12:28 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
 
About Me


Name: Laura Ashley
Home: California
About Me: Cosplayer, writer, designer, crocheter, etc
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates